Friday, April 12, 2019

The Pier to the Lighthouse

There is a pier. A long floating wooden pathway that juts out from the shoreline, at the end of this is a lighthouse.



This lighthouse brings a warning to passing ships and brings peace and comfort to the weary sailor who has been lost at sea. 
Across the pier is a strong building built to withstand the storms.
I stare down this wooden path,  I see the guard rails that lend protection and safety to those who dare venture out onto the path. 
These rails also give stability to the adventurer as they walk through the wind, rain or storms. 
The rails also bring guidance to those who become engulfed in the fog that rolls of the ocean. 
I stand at the beginning safely standing on solid ground wondering if I dare venture out onto this daunting path that stretches for in front of me. 
The light catches my eye more than once. 
It calls to me, beckons me to come forth. 
A comforting light, bright and peaceful. 
There at the end of the pier was a glimpse of something special. 
I dreaded at the thought that I dare venture out toward the light on this unknown path, even though the storms were rolling in. 
IS IT SAFE?
WILL I MAKE IT?
AM I STRONG ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO THE END?
IS IT FAR?
IS IT DANGEROUS?
This is life, we are here on earth to find our way back to the light.
Where we will be safe and warm.
Back into a place that we can be in a position to guide other into a safe harbor and out of the storms of life.
We have to go through the challenges/storms of life in order to be able to help others to safety.
The strong will always be blessed with trials in order to be a blessing to others.
I know that through these storms we can adjust our sails, hold tight to the guard rails, and be a lighthouse to help guide others who may be lost back to safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment